Saturday, 5 April 2014

Taste Test - Toastface Grillah

Hubby is back this week and we decided to go on an eating expedition this weekend. I've been wanting to go to Toastface Grillah since they opened last year but it just didn't happen until this weekend so needless to say I was very excited when I stepped into this tiny eatery hidden in the back alleyway with their menu written on a chalk board door.


At 1pm on a Saturday afternoon, Toastface Grillah was pretty quiet which I found quite nice; it was a little haven from the hustle and bustle of the city only an alleyway away.

Our order
Elf Esteem (brie, turkey and cranberry) $8
Ol Faithful (smoked ham, cheddar, sweet pickle relish) $7

I also got a strawberry, apple and lemon cold pressed juice to keep me going before the toasties arrived, it was delish but packed with alot of ice and not much juice.
Food and presentation - 3.5/5
Our toasties were tasty although I can make the same thing at home if I were to use the same ingredients and we usually make our toasties at home with garlic butter anyway. Both hubby and I preferred the turkey toastie to the ham and cheese especially since we both felt the ham used wasn't special ham of any sort. All that aside, the toasties were tasty and we enjoyed it.
Elf Esteem $8
Ol Faithful $7
Service - 3.5/5
We waltzed in and didn't get much of a welcome, maybe because the man behind the counter was busy making coffee but he did eventually say hi and said sorry for the wait. Good enough service for an eatery of this type.

Atmosphere and decor - 4/5
Loved the laid back atmosphere of Toastface Grillah and the simple yet funky decor.

Value for money - 3/5
I found it a bit expensive for something you can make at home and especially since they don't really pack the toastie with that much filling. I guess I'm paying for them to make it for me.

I wouldn't mind coming back for an overpriced toastie but it won't be frequent.

Taste Test Total Score 14/20

Address: Grand Lane (corner Wellington and Barrack Street), Perth WA 6000
Telephone: 0409 115 909
Website: http://www.toastfacegrillah.com/
Reservations: No

Opening times
Monday to Friday: 7am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday: CLOSED

Toastface Grillah on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment