We arrived at 6pm on the dot and they were already pretty busy. It's a fairly small restaurant, it probably only fits around 20 to 25 people. We were seated relatively quickly and given a couple of menus by one of the waitresses who was buzzing around the restaurant.
Hubby was really hungry so it didn't take long to make up our minds and order way too much in the process.
- Chicken Curry Puff (onions, potatoes, mixed pea, corn, carrots and chicken with curry powder, wrapped in pastry and deep fried served with sweet chilli sauce and side salad) (2 pieces) $4
- Fish Cakes (fish mince mixed with curry paste and Thai herbs served with sweet chilli sauce and side salad) (2 pieces) $4
- Thai Style Som Tum (papaya salad with peanuts and dried shrimps, tomato, chilli and bean) $9
- Red Duck Curry (roasted duck cook with coconut milk, red curry paste, tomatoes, pineapple and kaffir leaves) $14.90
- Prawn Pad Thai (thin rice noodles stir fried with egg, crush peanuts and bean sprouts) $13.90
- Steam Jasmine Rice x 2 $5 ($2.50 each)
Food and presentation - 3.5/5
Our dishes were bursting with flavour. The fish cakes were really good, similar to the ones hubby and I learned to make at our Thai cooking class recently. The som tum was a bit spicy for me as we forgot to choose our level of spicy (that's what they call it) but apart from that the flavours were great. I found the red duck curry a little salty and the spiciness of the som tum became additive with the curry so I was struggling slighty but hubby loved it. The pad thai was a little sweet, although still yummy; we had to take that home as we really did order way too much.
|Fish Cakes $4 & Chicken Curry Puffs $4|
|Thai Style Som Tum $9|
|Red Duck Curry $14.90|
|Prawn Pad Thai $13.90|
There was only two waitresses serving a restaurant full of people. These people were not only the patrons sitting down for a meal in the restaurant like hubby and myself but also people ordering take away and those coming in trying to get a table. All this activity meant that we didn't get much service. The waitresses only had time to provide minimum service to patrons, luckily they still had a smile on their face and were polite.
Atmosphere - 3/5
Although the décor is nothing to rave about, this little restaurant was buzzing. People just kept coming in. I liked their cutlery and the chairs were actually really comfortable.
Good food plus decent servings equals good value.
Will definitely be returning for another meal.
Taste Test Total Score - 13/20